Saturday, January 13, 2007

ok... ready? hang on. ok. ready? ok.

I found this really awesome website the other day called Long Awkward Pose. It's run by Katie Dippold, who is a comedy writer for MadTV and an improv performer for UCB Theatre; she also plays "Byte" in Gemberling, which is how I stumbled on her in the first place. Evidently, she's a genius.

Long Awkward Pose has a pretty straightforward and brilliant premise. From the site:
It's simple, really. People look foolish when posing for a picture. So tell your loved ones you would like to take their photo... then secretly videotape them the whole time.
That's it in a nutshell. It's a bunch of videos of people who think they're posing for a picture. It's hilarious. She posts a lot of videos of her coworkers at MadTV and her family members, but she also takes submissions. So far I've submitted five videos. I don't know if she'll put 'em up, but I'll link mine below so y'all can see. It's a really fun joke to pull on your friends, so I imagine I'll be doing more soon, and I'll post them here... at least until I run out of unsuspecting friends.

For now, check out the website, and here's what I got so far:

Zach in my living room
while watching Legend of the Hidden Temple:


Sean and Brandy at 97 Estoria:


Ian and Niki at 97 Estoria:


Christa in my kitchen:


Paul and Sheena in my living room:

1 Comments:

Blogger Tori LaConsay said...

This is painful. I'm really glad I don't know any jokes.

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home